Acupuncture taps into our innate ability to heal.
One of the foundational principles of Chinese medicine is that physical and emotional discomfort can be caused by a lack of balance in the energy flow of the body. When our body is in balance, our symptoms subside.
Acupuncture is a gentle and effective tool that eases this path. Our bodies are mapped out with connecting channels that can be stimulated at specific points with tiny disposable needles. The acupuncture points connect to the qi, a life force energy that balances the body. Coupled with guided visualization and breathwork, this process promotes relaxation and a sense of wellbeing, alleviating symptoms.
To answer a commonly asked question, acupuncture is usually painless, although occasional mild discomfort is possible. Some people do not feel the needles at all. As I am quite sensitive to pain myself, I do understand this concern.
Conditions that can be treated by acupuncture include:
- Pain management: neck and back pain, limb pain, joint pain, muscle sprain or strain, tendonitis, bursitis, arthritis, sciatica, neuralgia
- Women’s health: PMS, menstrual disorders, urinary disorders, fertility, perimenopausal and menopausal symptoms
- Headaches: sinus, tension, migraines
- Respiratory: cold and flu, sinus/allergies, cough
- Digestive disorders: constipation, diarrhea, irritable bowel, acid reflux,
- Emotions: anxiety, depression, stress, grief, worry
- Other symptoms that interfere with your overall health, energy levels and sense of wellbeing
To book an appointment, please visit my Contact page.